Paradise for Biodiversity
“Paradise of biodiversity” – multinational project funded by the European Union through Youth in Action Programme, Cooperation with the Neighbouring Countries of the European Union (Action 3.1 a)
- Location: Murighiol, Danube Delta
- Period of the project: 1 August – 31 October 2013
- Period of activities included in the project: 15-22 September 2013
- Participants: 34 young people from youth organizations from 4 countries
- The aim of the project “Paradise of biodiversity” is to raise awareness among youth from participating countries at the project (Russia, Spain, Moldova and Romania) regarding the importance of biodiversity conservancy from protected natural areas that the project focuses on.
The objectives of the project:
Advocate youth active citizenship in general and youth European citizenship in particular.
O1 – knowledge enhancement of the 34 youngsters from the participating countries at this project (Russia, Spain, Moldova and Romania) regarding the impact of human actions on the environment and the measures for nature conservancy;
O2 – raising awareness and responsibility among youth regarding nature conservancy;
O3 – increase engagement level of the 34 youngsters from the participating countries at this project (Russia, Spain, Moldova and Romania) in future activities on biodiversity preservation;
O4 – advocacy of non-formal education.
“Paradise of biodiversity” gathers young people from countries that have deltas focusing on the Danube Delta, the Volga River Delta and the Donana National Park (delta of river Guadalquivir). The methods of indoor and outdoor activities implementation are mainly used in non-formal education, in order to learn about such a fundamental topic as biodiversity in a creative and interactive manner. This project is implemented by the following NGOs:
- AEGEE, Russia : www.aegee-moskva.ru
- IMAGINA, Area de Juventud, Spain: www.imaginalcobendas.org
- ADVIT Europe without boders, Republic of Moldova: www.voluntariat.md
- Association for Initiatives and Continuous Development-4A-ction, Romania – Project coordinator: www.a4action.ro
- Oxigen Organization – Project coordinator: asociatiaoxigen.ro